Get tickets now Membership | Donate | Contact | Directions

Presidential yacht
F.D.R.'s "Floating White House"

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

  Welcome aboard!
The “Floating White House” was originally commissioned the USCG Cutter Electra in 1934.  In 1936 it was renamed the USS Potomac and served as Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s Presidential Yacht until his death in 1945.

More than a quarter of a million people have visited and sailed aboard the former President’s beloved "Floating White House," the USS Potomac, since it opened to the public in the summer of 1995. $5 million was spent over a 12-year period to restore the 165-foot-long vessel as a memorial to the president who authored the New Deal and led the United States during the Great Depression and the World War II years. Join us aboard this National Historic Landmark for a cruise on the Bay.
Follow us on Twitter   Like us on Facebook  View our videos on YouTube    
See all cruises & purchase now at

Like us on facebook



  Support the Potomac  


Friends of the Potomac


Keep History Alive

View Potomac PSA


View Videos of the Potomac





Charter the USS Potomac for your next Special Event


Weddings on the Ship


2015 Schedule




See more




The Potomac Association  is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization. Federal tax identification #93-0830589.
Address: 540 Water Street Oakland, CA 94607
Telephone: 510-627-1215
USS POTOMAC © 2009 All rights reserved